- Prime Minister Narendra Singh Modi has marked a rally in West Bengal’s Jalpaiguri making it the 3rd in the state within a week after 2 rallies in Thakurnagar and Durgapur. He has inaugurated New High Court Circuit Bench in Jalpaiguri. This will facilitate justice to public of Darjeeling, Kalimpong, Jalpaiguri and Cooch Behar in North Bengal.
- Indian Ocean Rim Association meet was organised in New Delhi with the collaboration of Ministry of Home Affairs with the Ministry of External Affairs and National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) solely based on Disaster Risk Management. IORA has set Disaster Risk Management its priority to enhance resilience in IORA countries according to its ‘2017-2021’ Action plan.
- Nyishi tribe celebrated ‘Boori Boot Yollo festival’ with great enthusiasm to welcome spring and a successful harvest. Nyishi is the largest community in Arunachal Pradesh, found in Daporijo, Upper Subansiri Locale and Raga and Dollungmukh ranges of Lower Subansiri Region of Arunachal Pradesh.
- 14,000 hospitals were empanelled under Pradhan Mantri Arogya Yojana so far. The highest numbers of 2677 such hospitals are in Gujarat followed by Tamil Nadu with 1709 hospitals. They are followed by Chhattisgarh with 1340 hospitals and West Bengal with 1240.
- India has set the target to eliminate Tuberculosis in India by 2025. Launching the TB Free India Campaign at ‘Delhi End TB Summit’, Modi said his government is implementing a national strategic plan (NSP) to end TB by 2025.
- US agreed to sell two of its advanced missile to India for Air India one. US approved the purchase of the two systems known as Large Aircraft Infrared Countermeasures (LAIRCAM) and Self-Protection Suites (SPS) at cost of USD 190 million, to enhance the security of planes flying the Prime Minister and the President.
7. Focussing on its mission to empower women, social networking giant Facebook on launched a digital skilling and mentorship initiative named GOAL (Going Online As Leaders) across five states in India that would encourage tribal girls to become village-level digital young leaders for their communities.