Genymotion android emulator is one of those android emulator which is highly recommended by every developer as it provides easy to use plus authentic platform to test these applications before its launch. Google play store is one of the biggest market providing numerous applications and games at the same platform. But have you ever wondered that how these apps are developed and are launched on such big platform? There is a lot of hard work and commitment behind launching these applications, it requires days of hard work and technical knowledge to develop one of such apps. Android emulators play an important role in launching these applications, they serve as testing path or platform for developers to test the app or game before launching them on bigger platform. Genymotion cloud-based devices are virtual in nature and provides boost to test automation to run these apps on official platform.
Testing app through these android emulators is relatively simpler and easy, as compared to any other platform. These emulators provide the same environment as Android and have almost equal capabilities to run these applications. Testing the applications and games on the same platform helps developers to get the actual state of these applications before launching these worldwide. One can do everything on through these emulators from simulating incoming phone calls to simulating different network speeds, everything can be done through these android emulators. Testing apps on these emulators fasten the process, for e.g. transferring data to these emulators is relatively faster as compared to some other device connected through USB or Bluetooth. These emulators come with certain pre-defined configurations, one can make slight changes in the same but more or less they remain the same. One needs to figure out which android emulator is the most compatible with kind of app or game they are planning to launch. These emulators may have different configuration for android phones, tablets, windows, and Android TV devices.
About Genymotion android emulator
Genymotion android emulator is specifically designed to provide aid to developers to test their apps on a virtual platform which is safe and secure. It provides an environment which is safe and has no threat to the privacy of developer. Genymotion android emulator provides support to various versions of Android operating system. One can test apps for android 2.3 to 5.0 version. No other testing emulator supports such range of androids operating system for testing purpose.
Advantages of Using Genymotion Android Emulator
Here are some advantages of using Genymotion android emulator for testing application and games over any other android emulator:
- It helps in running automated tests, where one can enjoy seamless ADB access. Seamless ADB access allows secure and easy compatibility with various testing frames available, like Espresso, Appium, and Robotium.
- It provides relatively higher range of virtual device for testing purpose.
- Helps in speeding the process of testing applications and games with the help of unlimited scaling capabilities.
- With the help of API or CLI it helps in managing the lifecycle of various virtual devices.
- One can easily use Plug-in Genymotion cloud with any sort of CI infrastructure
- It provides better streaming performances and helps in smooth and interactive access to the testing applications.
- With the help of kiosk mode, it showcases your tested apps on the website, which further helps visitors to test the application without actually downloading it.
- One of the most prominent advantage of using this android emulator is that one can run and test multiple applications at a time. It provides a platform that supports running of various applications at a time.
- It provides an aid to manage the complexities of android infrastructure.
Functions of Genymotion android emulator
- If you have Genymotion android emulator installed on your desktop, you can use your webcam as recording device and can record the activities happening on your emulated device.
- Helps in testing Wi-Fi, 3G, and 4G network interruptions.
- It uses the GPS widget to help you in developing location-based
- It also helps to test the battery exhaustion while using the respective application.
- Uses comparatively less internal storage.
- Helps in setting up any type of network, calls or SMS interruption to check the reaction of developed app under these circumstances.
- Provides user an option of multi-touch while using this android emulator on desktop.
- Display the app on computer as it will be displayed on an android phone, it will not show any fictitious size of the app. It will help developer to get real-time experience of these applications and games before launching.
- It can easily work on multiple operating systems and still will give the same performance.
The configuration and settings of Genymotion Android emulator is designed in a way to match the needs of a developer, it is user-friendly and provides the best and authentic platform to test the applications before its final launch.