NDA 2019 is a national level examination which is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year to recruit candidates in the Army, Navy and Air Force. It is a two-tier examination, wherein the candidates who qualify for the written test will also have to clear the SSB interview round.
NDA 2019 Highlights
|Exam Name||National Defence Academy|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Eligibility Criteria||Unmarried Male candidates can apply|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
NDA 2019 Exam dates
The exam dates for the NDA 2019 will be notified on the website later on. Candidates can keep a check and fulfil all the formalities accordingly.
NDA Written Exam 2019 Eligibility Criteria
There are a number of parameters which are checked so as to see the candidates eligibility so that they can appear for the exam and qualified for the further procedure.
As per the mentioned nationality standards set by UPSC for NDA 2019, Candidates must have:
- Citizenship of India or should be
- Subject of Bhutan
- Subject of Nepal
- Tibetan refugee who entered India prior to January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- A PIO (Person of Indian Origin) who has come back from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Uganda, Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the thought of getting settled down permanently in India.
- The male candidates who are unmarried and are not born before 2nd January 1999 and not after 1st January 2002 are eligible to emerge for NDA 2019 conducted by UPSC.
- The Date of birth of the candidates as recorded in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognized by an Indian University should be present along.
- For Army wing
The candidates who want to join army wing should have passed 12 or cleared equivalent examination of the State Board to be applicable for NDA 2019.
- For Air Force or Naval wings and for 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy
The candidates who wish to join air force should have cleared 12th class with Physics and Mathematics as subjects or cleared equivalent examination of the State Board to be eligible for NDA 2019.
Candidates who are presently in the process of 12th class or equivalent examination of the State board are also eligible for NDA 2019.
NDA Application Form 2019
The NDA Exam II application form is available a few months prior to the exam. The forms have a process of online filling only. There are a number of points that the candidates need to keep in mind while going for the registration process of NDA 2019:
- While filling the information you need to be very careful as no changes will be made later on after the form is filled.
- The scanned copies of all the necessary documents should be in access while you are going for the registration process for the test.
- Once the registration process is complete successfully you should note down the registration number
- No printed form should be sent to the UPSC.
The fee for NDA (II) Application Form 2019 was INR 100/-. Candidates who belong to the reserved categories are exempted from paying any fee for the registration. In any State bank branch, the payment of fees could be done through offline mode and even online by Credit or Debit card or through Net banking.
NDA Admit Card 2019
On the official UPSC website, the authority will release NDA II 2019 Admit Card via online mode. To download NDA Hall Ticket 2019, the candidate should visit upsc.gov.in to download
- Candidates are required to fill up details like RID, Date of Birth or Roll Number & other information to download the admit card.
- All the details such as students name, roll number, exam centre, exam date & timing, etc are mentioned on the admit card.
- Candidates are not permitted to appear in the examination if they don’t have the admit card.
How to Download NDA 2019 Admit Card
To download the admit card one should follow the steps given below:
- Open the official website of UPSC.
- A link for NDA II 2019 Admit Card Download will be present there, one has to click on it.
- After that candidate are required to fill the registration number/ roll number along with the password and captcha code.
- Click on submit and then the admit card will be present on the screen.
- After that, you need to check all the details carefully and download multiple copies of it.
NDA 2019 Exam Centers
In the official notification for NDA II 2019, UPSC had given the list of 41 exam centres where the exam is scheduled to be held. While filling NDA Application Form, candidates have to mention or choose the preference for the exam centres. Out of the given 41 centre options, the candidate is required to choose three places for the exam. It is first to come first serve. The one which is present will be allotted to you. If your preference is not mentioned than automatically the place will be given to you without any choice.
NDA Written Exam 2019 Pattern
NDA 2019 is conducted in offline mode for the candidates. The test has two sections- Mathematics (300 marks) and General Knowledge (600). The time duration for each paper is 2 hours and 30 minutes. The mentioned below table has further information regarding duration, number of sections, and number of questions:
NDA Written Exam Pattern Highlights
|NDA 2018||Mathematics||General ability test|
|Exam Duration||2 hours and 30 minutes||2 hours and 30 minutes|
|No. of sections||1||2 (English and General Knowledge)|
|Total no. of questions||120||150|
|Total marks||300||600 (English (200) + GK (400))|
|Marking scheme||2.5 for correct and -0.83 for incorrect||4 for correct and -1.33 for incorrect|
|Medium||English and Hindi||English for English section. English and Hindi for GK section|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
The candidates can go through the above bifurcation for the clarity regarding Exam pattern of the NDA 2019.
The general knowledge section of the NDA 2019 comprises of the following topics:
- Physics (100 marks)
- Chemistry (60 marks)
- General Science (40 marks)
- History and Freedom Movement (80 marks)
- Geography (80 marks)
- Current Events (40 marks)
NDA Written Exam 2019 Syllabus
The written test for NDA 2019 comprises of two sections- Mathematical Ability and General Ability.
The questions in NDA II 2019 will be asked from topics and concepts of 10+2 level. Given below are the topics from Mathematical Ability and General Ability sections covered as a part of NDA written exam 2019 Syllabus.
NDA Written Exam Syllabus for Mathematical Ability
|NDA Syllabus for Mathematics|
|Algebra||Matrices and Determinants|
|Trigonometry||Analytical Geometry of Two and Three Dimensions|
|Differential Calculus||Integral Calculus and Differential Equations|
|Vector Algebra||Statistics and Probability|
NDA Written Exam 2019 Syllabus for General Ability
In general ability, the topics from the English and General Knowledge will be covered in the section of NDA 2019. General Knowledge will consist of the following:
- General science
- Current Affairs
Preparation Books for NDA Written Exam 2019
For the NDA 2019 Preparation, it I always suggested choosing the best books. Given below are some of the best books which can be brought into consideration to prepare for Mathematical Ability and General Ability Sections of NDA 2019.
Books to Prepare for Mathematical Ability
|Book Name||Author/ Publisher|
|Mathematics for NDA and NA: National Defence Academy and Naval Academy||R S Aggarwal|
|Quantitative Aptitude for competitive examinations||R S Aggarwal|
|Study Package MATHEMATICS NDA & NA Entrance Exam||Arihant|
|NDA Mathematics (Hindi)||RPH Editorial Board|
Books to Prepare for General Ability
|Book Name||Author/ Publisher|
|History Of Modern India (History)||Bipan Chandra|
|Science and Technology in India (Science and Technology)||Kalpana Rajaram : Spectrum|
|Oxford School Atlas (Geography)||Oxford|
|Social Problems In India (Indian Society – GS1)||Ram Ahuja|
|Objective General English for Competitive Exams||S.P. Bakshi|
|Manorama Yearbook 2017||Mammen Mathew|
Some Important Tips for NDA Written Exam 2019 Preparation
Here is some important tips for NDA Preparation These tips will help you to score better in the exam:
- It is very important to be thorough with NDA Syllabus and exam pattern.
- Referring to class 11 and Class 12 NCERT books is very important
- Practice the basic formulae/concepts from Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- Having a preparation schedule and practice as many NDA practice papers for your improvement.
- Focus on reading comprehension, basic grammar and vocabulary and revise the basic grammar rules from a reliable source for the preparation of English section
- Have full knowledge about the current affairs and events that are making the news.
Make sure the political and historical scenario of India you have learnt by heart.