About Reserve Bank of India
Reserve bank of India is one of the most prestigious and important institution of our country, and to work in this institution is dream of many people. RBI offers everything that a candidates look for in a job, they offer handsome salary packages, reputation, and stability in job. Every year candidates preparing for banking exams eagerly wait for RBI Assistant exam as this is one of the most prestigious exam of our country. Thousands of applicants apply for the job but only few clear all the phases of this examination.
As we mentioned that this is one of the most prestigious banking exam conducted by RBI, therefore clearing it is not a cake walk. Candidates need to go rigorous training and practice to make sure that they crack this exam to get one of the handful positions released by RBI every year. Vacancies for RBI Assistant varies every year depending on the vacant positions, however, only handful of vacancies are released. Last year only 623 vacancies were released for which thousands of candidates applied. The figure itself is the sign that how competitive and difficult is it to get through this RBI Assistant exam. So candidates who are aiming for this exam must gear up themselves if they actually want to crack this exam in first attempt.
About RBI Assistant Exam 2019
RBI Assistant is entry-level job in RBI and is more of clerical level job. These positions are created to in order to provide support to various departments of bank to ensure that all functions are performed smoothly and in a better way. RBI Assistant must work on the same position for at least two years before applying for the promotion, and for that also they may have to give certain internal exams. The career graph of RBI Assistant is as follows
- RBI Assistant
- Scale 1 officer (Assistant Manager)
- Scale 2 Officer (Manager)
- Scale 3 Officer (Senior Manager)
- Scale 4 Officer (Chief Manager)
How to apply for RBI Assistant Exam 2019
Candidates who wish to apply for this position must follow the step by step guidelines for filling an online application form:
- Visit the official website of RBI.
- Navigate through recruitment section and click on the link given to register for RBI Assistant exam.
- Click on the New registration link.
- Enter the required details, make sure to fill all the details according to your supporting
- Click on the submit button.
- Now your registration number will be generated and will be shared with you on your email address and mobile number. Keep the same for future
- Now upload your scanned photograph and signature. Kindly scan both of these important credentials according to the dimensions mentioned on the website.
- Complete the form by filling important details like preferable exam center, educational details, address and other important information as required by them.
- Finally, click on the submit button, but ensure to check all your credentials carefully.
- Now you will be asked to make the payment that you can make through both offline and online mode.
- Once everything is done, take the print out of your application form for future reference.
Admit card will be available on website only few days before the exam, no hard copy will be sent to candidates individually. Candidates may get intimation through email or SMS, but we still recommend candidates to keep checking the website for regular updates so as not to miss any important information.
Eligibility criteria of RBI Assistant Exam 2019
Candidates need to meet following eligibility criteria to apply for the position of RBI Assistant:
- Candidates applying for this position must be atleast 20 years and at most 28 years of age.
- Candidate must hold a graduation degree in any discipline from any recognized university. Candidate must also have at least 50% of aggregate marks.
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Nepal, Bhutan or refugee from Tibet who came to India before 1st January 1962, but such candidates must have eligibility certificate from government of India.
Selection process of RBI Assistant Exam 2019
The selection process for the post of RBI Assistant is a three-phase process.
Phase 1: Prelims: It is an objective type paper will total number of 100 questions for one mark each. One hour is given to candidates to complete this paper. Sections covered in this exam are English language, Reasoning, and Numerical ability.
Phase 2: Mains: This is also an objective type paper with 200 questions for one mark each. It will have five sections namely, Reasoningability, numerical ability, English language, Computer knowledge,and general awareness. Each section will have 40 questions and 30 minutes will be awarded to candidates to complete each section except for Computer knowledge and General awareness, for these sections 20 and 25 minutesrespectively will be given.
Phase 3: This will be language proficiency test either in Hindi or English and will be subjective in nature.