RBI Grade B exam 2019
To work in reserve bank of India is like dream come true for many of the aspirants. And to make this dream actually come true, RBI conducts exam every year to recruit candidates for the post of Grade B officers. Candidates prepare rigorously to crack this exam, as not only this job attracts handsome pay but also because this is one of the most reputed and coveted jobs. Looking at all these benefits, huge number of candidates apply for this job in order to mark their name on handful of positions.
RBI opens very few Grade B positions and that is why it is really important to put all your efforts to prepare well to crack this exam.
The grades of officers in RBI are from A to F, A being the entry-level officer and F being the executive director. In this bifurcation, Grade B is the direct manager level job. Candidates at the level Grade A must work at the same level for atleast 3 years before they become eligible to apply for grade B officers, and for that also they do not get direct promotion rather they need to give internal assessment exam. The only way of getting direct entry at Grade B level is to clear the exam that RBI conducts every year.
We are sure that after knowing about the process that one has to undergo to get promoted to another grade, candidates must have understood that level of competition and difficulty is going to be immense to crack this exam.
- Candidates with 60% of marks in graduation in any discipline from recognized university is eligible to sit for this exam. Those who belong to SC/ST or physically handicapped quota can apply even if they have 50% of aggregate in their graduation.
- Candidates applying for the same must not be less than 21 years of age and also must not exceed 30 years of age.
Pattern of RBI Grade B examination 2019
This exam is quite unlike other banking exams, as mentioned before as well the level of difficulty and competition is really high in this exam.
This exam is conducted in two stages:
- Preliminary examination: This exam is totally based on multiple choice questions. Total number of 200 questions are asked for one mark each. Different sections covered in this exam are:
- Reasoning: This section will include topics like inequality, syllogism, coding, decoding, verbal and non-verbal reasoning, pattern arrangement, seating arrangement (both circular and linear), data sufficiency, questions based on blood relations etc.
- Quantitative aptitude: Topics like Average, time and work, speed, distance and time, percentage, permutation, combination, mensuration, probability, Algebra, Set theory, numeric ability, ratio, and proportion will be covered in this section.
- English Language: Grammar, vocabulary, spotting error, reading comprehension, jumble words, para-jumble, formation of sentence are few topics which are likely to get covered in this section.
- General Awareness: Candidates must have knowledge to current affairs, politics, Indian financial system, Indian banking system, Monetary, and other important plans, banking terminology, and national institutions to crack this exam.
Candidates may wonder that some of the topics that are mentioned above are similar to what they prepare for other exams, but what is different here is the level of difficulty. Therefore, candidates must prepare accordingly in order to crack this exam.
Candidates who qualify prelims for RBI Grade B officers will be eligible to sit for the mains.
RBI Grade B Mains examination 2019
The mains will be blend of both objective and descriptive type of questions. It will comprise of three papers as mentioned below:
- First paper: This paper will be objective in nature and will for 100 marks. 90 minutes will be given to complete this paper, and it will solely be based on economic and social issues
- Second Paper: This will descriptive in nature, and candidate must attempt this paper on computer only with the help of keyboard. This paper is to evaluate English writing skills of the candidate. This may comprise of article writing, Essay writing or letter writing. You must have good typing speed as the time given to complete this paper will be 90 minutes and this paper will be for 100 marks.
- Third Paper: Third paper will be again objective type, and will cover questions from financial management. This paper will also be for 100 marks and candidates will be given 90 minutes to complete the same.
Cut off of both the phases varies every year depending on the difficulty level and number of candidates appearing for the exam.
Candidates cracking even second phase of the exam will then be called for an interview, and based on that final list of candidates selected for RBI Grade B officers will be released. Candidates will be intimated and call letter will be given to them mentioning their job location and all other important details.
Find Top RBI Grade B Coaching Institutes in India.