The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) every year conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam for employment to various subordinate services like:
· Assistants in Ministries/Departments, Attached and the Subordinate office of the Govt. of India.
· Inspectors of Central Excise & Customs.
· Inspectors of Income Tax.
· Preventive Officers in Customs.
· Examiner in Customs.
· Sub-Inspectors in Central Bureau of Narcotics & CBI.
· Assistant Enforcement Officer in Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue.
· Divisional Accountant, Jr. Accountant, Auditor & UDC in various offices of Govt. of India.
· Auditor Offices under C&AG, CGDA, CGA & others.
· Accountant/ Junior Accountant
· Tax Assistant in CBDT and CBEC
· The compiler in Registrar General of India.
SSC CGL 2019 Highlights
|Exam Name||SSC CGL 2019 (Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level 2019)|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Type||National Level Exam|
|Eligibility||Indian National with a bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Duration||Tier 1 – 60 minutes Tier 2 – 120 minutes Tier 3 – 60 minutes Tier 4 – 45 minutes|
What is SSC CGL Eligibility?
1. Educational Qualifications
Possessing a graduate degree is a must to give the exam that too on or before 01.08.2019. Those candidates who are perusing final year of graduation can also apply for SSC CGL with their provisional degrees.
A). Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer
1. Essential Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree from a well known University or Institute
2. Desirable Qualifications: Chartered Accountant or Cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters I Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or a Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Economics
B). Junior Statistical Officer
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with at least 60% Marks in Mathematics
at 12th standard level
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the core subjects at degree level
2. Age Limit
The Age limit for SSC CGL Recruitment has been increased by the SSC through the age differs from post to post. The minimum age limit categorized for SSC CGL is 27 years and the maximum age limit for the same is 32 years.
|CSS||20-30 years||Assistant Section Officer|
|Intelligence Bureau||Not exceeding 30 Years||Assistant Section Officer|
|Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue||Up to 30 years||Assistant Enforcement Officer|
|M/o of Statistics & Prog. Implementation||Up to 32 years||Junior Statistical Officer|
|NIA||Up to 30 years||Sub Inspector|
|CBI||20-30 years||Sub Inspector|
|Narcotics||18-25 years||Sub Inspector|
|CBEC||20-27 years||Tax Assistant|
|Other departments||18-27 years||All other posts|
Check Your Age Eligibility
|Age Limit||Date of Birth|
|18-27 years||Born not earlier than 02.August.1991 and not later than 01.August.2000|
|20-27 years||Born not earlier than 02.August.1991 and not later than 01.August.1998|
|20-30 years||Born not earlier than 02.August.1988 and not later than 01.August.1998|
|30 years||Born not earlier than 02.August.1988 and not later than 01.August.2000|
|32 years||Born not earlier than 02.August.1986 and not later than 01.August.2000|
SSC CGL Reservation
· You need to keep in mind that there is no state-wise reservation.
· The candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC-NCL/ PH category are offered some reservation.
· Candidates who are Ex-Servicemen will also be given relaxation.
· There is no separate SSC CGL Reservation for the female candidates.
|Physically Handicapped (PH)||10 years|
|PH + OBC||13 years|
|PH + SC/ST||15 years|
How to Apply for SSC CGL Exam 2019?
The following steps mentioned below are to be followed under CGL Exam 2019
The first thing to do is to First log on to the official website i.e. ssc.nic.in
1. You need to go for the registration process and for that create an account register as a new user at the website by using a valid email ID and phone number. An OTP will be sent to you for the required ID you want to generate for SSC portal.
2. The payment of the application can be done online or through a Challan which will be offered after you have filled in the required for the application of SSC CGL 2019 Exam.
3. The scanned copies of the recent passport size photograph, signature, and thumb impression to fill the application must be possessed by the candidate.
4. Once the registrations are done then click on the Apply button to get the application submitted to the portal.
5. Once you click on the Apply button then you will get the application form, fill it online.
6. Now presses the Submit button after cross-checking the details or else you will not be able to alter the things later on.
7. Download the duly filled-in application form
8. For future reference take out the printed version
Application Fee Detail for SSC CGL 2019
|For General /OBC candidates||INR 100|
|For SC/ST/PH candidates||Nill|
Note – Applicants can give application fees through online debit/Credit card or through net banking.
SSC CGL Admit Card 2019
There will be a separate release of Admit Card for all the different regions. To get the Admit Card, a candidate needs to login to the official website of SSC through the link which is present on the page. While going for the registration the candidate has to fill the Registration Number/Roll Number and the Password/D.O.B while logging in.
SSC will give SSC CGL Admit Card separate for different levels of Examination that is Admit Card for Tier-I will be released first followed by Admit Card for Tier-II and so on. Admit Card for Tier-II will be issued to candidates who have qualified Tier-I Exam. Similarly, Admit Card for Tier-III will be issued to candidates who have cleared the Tier-II Exam and so on.
Steps to Download Call Letter for SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam 2019 are given below:-
For every tier on the regional websites of SSC, the Commission releases a separate SSC CGL, Admit Card. To download the Admit Card, the candidates can follow the following steps.
1. Open the Regional websites of SSC. (Eg: for a candidate of Delhi, visit the official site of SSC Northern Region)
2. Click on the link provided to download Staff Selection Commission CGLE Admission Certificate.
3. By using their Registration ID, By Roll No. or by Name including the candidate’s Date of Birth, the applicants can download the SSC CGL Admit Card.
4. Click on “Search status”. The admit card will emerge on the computer screen.
5. After that verify all the details mentioned on it along with the time-table and exam centre details.
6. After that download, the SSC CGL Admit Card and keep a hard copy out for the same.
Inconsistency in SSC CGL Admit Card 2019
· There is a probability that the candidates may not find their admission certificates until a week before the examination.
· In such case, they must right away contact the concerned Regional/ Sub-regional Office.
· The statement must be made along with an evidence of SSC CGL Application Form submission.
· Failure to do so may take away candidate for deliberation on any grounds.
Exam Centers for SSC CGL 2019
· The SSC CGL 2019 will take place in 120 cities all over India.
· All the SSC CGL Exam Centers are separated into 9 main areas of the country.
· The choice of the centres of the Application Form for SSC CGL 2019 is to be filled by the candidate.
· The Commission has the full right to make a decision in concert with the final allotment of SSC CGL Exam Center.
· Any changes in concern with the exam centres will be notified on the regional official websites of SSC and leading newspapers of the regions.
· The final place of the Exam Center will be present in the SSC CGL Admit Card
SSC CGL 2019 Exam pattern
|Tier||Mode of examination||Scheme of Examination||Number of Question||Maximum Marks||Time Allowed|
|I||Computer Based Examination (CBT)||4 sections – General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and English Comprehension;||25||50||60 Minutes; 80 minutes for VH and candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy|
|II||CBT||Total Number of Paper is 4 – Paper-I: Quantitative Abilities Paper-II: English Language and Comprehension Paper-III: Statistics Paper-IV: General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100 200 100 100||200||120 minutes; 160 minutes for VH and candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy|
|III||Pen and paper mode||Descriptive Paper in English or Hindi (Writing of Essay/ Precis/ Letter/ Application etc.)||100||60 Minutes; 80 minutes for VH and candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy|
|IV||–||CPT/ DEST/ Document verification||–||–||45 Minutes|
SSC CGL 2019 Selection Process
SSC CGL exam is categorized into 4 stages that are Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3 and finally Tier 4.
· Candidates, who meet the criteria in Tier 1, will be able to appear in Tier 2.
· Candidates, who meet the criteria in Tier 2, will be allowed to appear in both Tier 3 and Tier 4.
· Final Merit of SSC CGL will be based on cumulative marks of Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3.
Tier 4 is of qualifying nature and obligatory for CSS / MEA / Tax Assistant Posts.