Staff Selection Commission of India holds this exam in order to recruit candidates for the post of Sub Inspector, Sub Inspector in Central Armed Police force and Assistant Sub Inspector in CISF. The recruitment is done for Central police organization and the exam is conducted in three tiers.
Who all can sit for SSC CPO 2019 exam?
- Candidates who have attained age of 20 and are less than 25 years of age can appear for SSC CPO examination.
- Candidate must possess bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- If candidate is applying for the post of Sub Inspector, then he must have valid driving license at the day of physical endurance test, failing to which candidate will directly be disqualified from further examinations.
Pattern and syllabus of SSC CPO 2019 exam
Paper 1 which is the initial exam to qualify for SSC-CPO examination has four sections under the same:
- General reasoning: In general reasoning, both verbal and non-verbal reasoning will be included. Main topics to be covered to prepare for this section are Syllogism, circular/ linear seating arrangement, double line up, scheduling, blood relations, ordering, ranking, coding/decoding, inequalities, directions/distances, input/output,and many such alike topics.
- General Knowledge: This section is to test the awareness of the candidate about his surroundings and environment. It will include awards and honors, current affairs, books, authors, scientific research, obituaries, important dates, sports, and entertainment.
- Quantitative Aptitude: This section is to test the quantitative skills and will include topics like ratio, percentage, mensuration, data interpretation, number system, data sufficiency, profit and loss, quadratic equation, number series, speed, time, distance, principal and compound interest, and many more alike topics.
- English Ability: This section is specially designed to check the language ability of the candidate. This section includes topics like Grammar, vocabulary, verbal ability, synonyms, antonyms, Para jumbles, active-passive voice, sentence correction, reading comprehension and fill in the blanks.
Time given for all these four sections are two hours. Each section will have 50 questions for one mark each. Only attempt those questions about which you are sure of as there will be negative marking for each wrong answer. No sectional time is given for any section.
Except for the English comprehension and ability section, candidates can opt for Hindi as the medium for examination. However, candidates giving their exam partly in Hindi and partly in English will be disqualified and their examination sheet will not be assessed.
Tier 2 will not comprise of any written test, rather it will include medical examination, and PET/PST tests of the candidates to adjudge their physical capability.
For males, SSC CPO 2019 PET/PST test will include:
- 100 meters race (16 Seconds)
- 1.6 KM race
- Short put
- Long Jump (3.65 meters, 5 chances)
- High Jump (1.2 meters, 3 chances)
- 100 meters race (18 seconds)
- 800 meters race
- Long jump ( 2.7 meters, 3 chances)
- High Jump (0.9 meters, 3 chances)
- Near Vision
- Distant Vision
- Eye standards must match the desired requirement without any correction like laser treatment or by glasses.
- Must not have squint in eye, knock feet, flat foot or any such problem.
Tier 3 again is written examination where there will be only one section i.e English comprehension and English ability. But the difficulty level and the number of questions will be higher in this exam. The paper will have 200 questions for 200 marks in total. Candidates will be given 2 hours to complete this paper. Again there will be negative marking for each wrong answer, therefore candidate must attempt only those questions for which they are sure of.
Topics included in Paper 2 English comprehension will be:
- Fill in the blanks
- Recognizing errors
- Spelling correction
- Sentence formation and structures
- Idioms and phrases
- Grammar and
- Sentence Completion
As mentioned earlier as well, topics may be same in both the written papers but the level of difficulty is higher in Paper 2.
SSC CPO 2019 Apply Online
Candidates can fill online application form to appear for this SSC CPO exam. Fees can be submitted through both offline and online mode. Once the form is submitted, candidate is advised to check the website on regular basis as the admit card will appear on the website itself and candidates are required to download the same from website only. No hard copy will be sent to candidate on the postal address.
SSC CPO 2019 Answer Key
Also, answer key will be available on website only. Any discrepancy in the answer key must be addressed to the governing body before the date set for the same, failing to which answer key published by authorities will be considered as the final one. Last but not the least, results of SSC CPO will be declared on website only and no personal notification will be sent to the candidate regarding medical tests and further processes.