Staff selection commission conducts this SSC MTS exam 2019 in order to recruit staff for multitasking job in various departments of government offices. The best part about this exam is that it provides platform to even those candidates who have just passed matriculation.
The exam is conducted at national level and candidate qualifying for the same can be posted at anywhere in India.
Who can apply for SSC MTS 2019
- Candidate must be citizen of India.
- Any resident of Nepal, Bhutan, Tibetan Refugee having a certificate issued by Indian government can also apply for the same.
- Candidate applying for the same must be atleast 18 and at most 25 years of age.
Criteria for nationality
To appear for SSC MTS exam certain nationality criteria needs to be taken into consideration:
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1stJanuary 1962 with intention of settling down in the country.
- Candidate migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Tanzania, who are actually of Indian origin are also eligible to sit for SSC MTS exam.
However, candidate belonging to any country mentioned above other than India must have eligibility certificate from government of India. Candidates failing to provide such eligibility certificate may not be allowed to sit in the exam.
Relaxation for age limit
As mentioned above candidate must not be below 18 years and above 25 years of age. However, relaxation of age is given to different categories as mentioned below:
- SC/ST are given age relaxation of 5 years.
- OBC are given 3 years of relaxation.
- Widow/Divorced under SC/ST category can apply for this exam upto 40 years of age.
- Physically handicapped candidates are given 10 years of relaxation to sit for this exam.
- Physically handicapped with OBC quota are given 13 years of relaxation.
Candidates applying inhandicapped quota must have 40% of disability. To apply in this category candidates must furbish certificate issued by central government. Date of birth as per matriculation certificate will be considered, no changes will be accepted.
Candidates seeking age relaxation must submit relevant certificate from a recognized governing body. Any certificate submitted after the mentioned date will not be accepted and candidate will not be able to seek the desired age relaxation.
Seats and positions to be filled may vary every year according to the requirement.
Application form for SSC MTS exam must be filled online. Following are the steps to fill online application form:
- Visit official website of SSC to fill online application form.
- Once you will visit the website, click on the notification and look for the SSC MTS notification.
- Once you will click on the same, link to fill online application will appear.
- Fill all the required information, mainly personal details, education qualification, and other important details.
- Before submitting details verify all the credentials. You will not be able to make any changes once the form is submitted therefore make sure to check all the credentials carefully before locking the same.
- In the next step, you will be required to upload scanned photograph and scanned signature. Make sure to check the desired pixels before uploading the required documents.
- Make final submission.
- Once you will submit the details, the site will redirect you to the fee payment.
You can pay fees through both online and offline mode. Online you can pay through net banking, credit or debit card, and if you wish to pay fees through offline mode you may need to deposit fees through SBI Challan.
Candidates need to check the website regularly as the admit card will appear on the website and no hard copy will be sent to candidate individually. Candidates need to take print out of the same and must carry alongwith while coming to the examination center. Candidates must also carry photo identity card to the examination center.
Pattern and syllabus of SSC MTS exam 2019
The SSC MTS examination will comprise of two papers. The scheme and syllabus of both the papers is as follows:
Paper 1: First paper will be for 90 minutes, and will comprise of following four sections:
- Section 1: General reasoning will include topics like syllogism, coding, decoding, linear/circular arrangement, blood relations, ordering, and ranking.
- Section 2: Numerical Aptitude will include topics like numerical ability, data analysis, profit and loss, time, distance, speed, percentage, data sufficiency, and many more such topics.
- Section 3: General English, will have topics like reading comprehension, synonyms, antonyms, active-passive voice, sentence correction, and grammar based questions.
- Section 4: General Awareness, this section is to check the awareness of candidate about what is happening in society and environment. It will include topics like current affairs, important dates, sports, and entertainment.
All the sections will have 25 questions for one mark each.
Paper 2: Writing skills This paper is to check the writing skills of the candidate. He may need to write article, essay or application on any given topic. This paper will be for 50 marks, and candidate will be given 30 minutes to complete the same.