All you need to know about Wii emulators: Nintendo has never failed to amaze its users, it has got something for every gamer in its kitty. Over the period of time, it has given us some amazing gaming consoles packed with energy and entertainment. Every year it comes with some new gaming console having more utility and better gaming experience. Wii emulator is one such seventh generation video console released by Nintendo in the year 2006. From the day it has been launched it has got some real stir in the gaming world, that now numerous Wii emulators are also available to emulate the gaming experience on Android or PCs. It is a seventh generation gaming console which is the best gaming console to beat the Microsoft’s Xbox third generation of Sony’s play station. The Nintendo game cube has been preceded by this generation of Wii, the early models of the game were fully compatible with almost all GameCube games and its accessories. However, during the end of 2011 “the Wii family edition was launched with better configurations but somehow it lacked compatibility with Gamecube games. The Wii was later succeeded by “Wii u” on November 18, 2012.
Accessories that come along with Wii emulator gaming console
The seventh generation Nintendo’s gaming console Wii comes with:
- The remote control which has the capability of detecting three-dimensional
- Wii Connect 24 which is defunct by nature in order to receive messages and updates during standby mode
- Virtual Console
Specifications of Wii emulators:
- It has 88 MBs of main memory and almost 3 MB GPU memory.
- It has almost 512 MB inbuilt NAND flash memory.
- It also has expandable SD card memory of around 2 GB.
- 480p (PAL & NTSC), 480I (NTSC) or 576i (PAL/ SECAM) of video options.
- CPU based on power PC
- It has also got 2 USB ports, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth option.
- It has Stereo Dolby Pro Logic 11, inbuilt speaker control
There are a number of games you play in your everyday life and enjoy, here are those famous and entertaining games based on Wii.
- Metroid Prime Trilogy: The series is much more than just three set of games available in one compact disk. The game is full of twists and turns and is an epic saga of how bounty hunter fulfils her challenges and competes against aliens, radioactive brains and piracy of space. It provides never seen and experienced before experience to its players. Its graphics and audio effects are just amazing adding more charm to the much favourite game.
- Super Mario Galaxy: Your favourite Mario game is based on Wii. With the super Mario galaxy the team Nintendo has proved that all it requires a creative mind to expand the entertainment level through remarkable ways. The game is the best way to enjoy a Nintendo game for both experienced and non-experienced players.
- Dead Space Extraction: If you want to experience the most horrible game of your life, then this is the best choice for you. It has got all the scary elements and is considered as one of the scariest games with amazing visual and audio effects increasing the scary quotient of the game. You will surely get a goosebumps while playing this horrifying game, and yes it is based on Wii.
- Resident Evil 4: This edition of Wii, is all about zombies. You will get to crush their heads but still, the number will never decrease. It is a never-ending zombie’s based game where you will keep killing them and new ones will keep coming your way. It will give you the most satisfying and thriller gaming experience of your lifetime. However, only experts can handle this game well, amateurs still need some time to try their hands on this one.
- The Legend of Zelda: Never before Nintendo has launched any Zelda game, it has been the first time with Wii that Nintendo has tried their hands on creating a game based on Zelda. If you have played this game then you might know that how to become a true legend and a brave hero.
Reasons for the need of Wii emulator
The Wii of team Nintendo is a future of gaming world. It helps in bringing together a number of games of interactive nature at one platform. Using games at Wii platform not only brings back the entertainment level but gamers get access to hundreds of other games as well. All these games are packed with energy and high level of entertainment but to play all these games based on Wii, you need to have will console which may prove to be little expensive, without which you won’t be able to play these games as they will lack compatibility. Therefore to take advantage of these power-packed games Wii emulators came into existence. Through these emulators, you can easily emulate these games on other gaming consoles and various other platforms too. Some of these emulators are a just perfect replica of Wii based games that will help to get real-time gaming experience:
Platforms on which Wii emulator can run smoothly
Wii emulators are good to run on following platforms:
- MS Windows
- Mac operating system
Different emulators may run on different platforms, however,the dolphin is one emulator that works really well on all four platforms:
- Dolphin: Gamers would surely know about one of the most compatible and talked about Wii emulator. It is one of the first GameCubeemulators that is highly compatible to run commercial games as well. Having a good and strong configuration of PC will help you to get the best performance out of this emulator. Dolphin can run GameCube and Wii games on your personal computers in full HD view, with an enhanced support system like the option to play a multiplayer game in the networked segment with turbo speed and many more such features to boost the gaming experience of gamers. Dolphin can run on almost all platforms developed for Wii games. It is an open source software and is one of the best software developed for Wii With better and strong android hardware, a dolphin can easily run on Android to give Android users real-time gaming experience. You can download the same from the link mentioned below:
- Dolwin: Another Wii emulator in the kitty is Dolwin. Like a dolphin,dolwin is also an open source software to emulate game cube games and games based on Wii. The software has developed totally on C language. The Dolwin is not fully developed and still under development phase, still it has been able to perform really well. It can easily emulate few commercial as well as demo games for you that too without any technical glitch. It comes in a zipped file format with a demo that can help you to get the first-hand experience of this emulator before finally installing it in your system. Being in the development phase, it may not be able to run all heavy commercial games. Try your hands on the same using following link:
- SuperGcube: SuperGcube is the successor of discontinued Gcube, it is highly recommended emulator for the Win32 game. Developed by team Nintendo, this emulator is only compatible to emulate GameCube and Wii games on windows only. But as far as its performance is concerned it has surpassed all the records, thanks to its efficiency and better emulation core. It has been able to outperform some of the emulators by reaching relatively very high speed. This Wii emulator is one of those emulators using advanced and well-versed technology. For better gaming experience on your PCs, download the same now:
- Whinecube: Winecube is yet another advanced level Gamecube and Wii emulator specifically for windows. The software is developed using an advanced version of c+ +. It has got some unique features like it has a high capability of loading and executing almost all file formats like DOL, ELF and GCM format, with better graphics and sound emulation. It may not be able to run commercial games on windows but can help you to play homebrew games.
Requirements to download this GameCube and Wii emulator are:
- It can only emulate on WindowsXP or higher version. Any lower version of windows may not be compatible with this Whinecube emulator.
- DirectX, latest version is required for better emulation.
- It should have a graphics card supporting D3DFMT_YUY2 conversion e.g. GeForce 256 or newer.
You can use the following link to download the latest versions of Whinecube in your personal computer:
- GCEmu: It doescome in the list of Wii emulators but it is relatively an incomplete emulator when it comes to emulating Nintendo game cube and Wii games. It does not have a direct impact and mostly it uses recompilation technique in order to achieve and maintain a decent speed. But the best part about this Wii emulator is that even if it is incomplete still at times it has shown some exceptional performance by achieving and maintaining a reasonable speed. To download the same click on the link below:
- CubeSX: This is one of the latest addition in the Nintendo emulator family. It is an emulator developed for emulating Wii and Gamecube games. However, it is still at the very early stage of development and giving any point of view on the same will be little early. But as far as its speed and compatibility are concerned, from the point of view of being at an early stage, both are pretty decent, and one can opt for this emulator for less technical games. You can try your hands on this little emulator by clicking on the link mentioned below:
- Cube64 Beta 1.1: It is one of the little emulators in the kitty of Wii emulators, it is an amazingly fantastic N6 emulator that can emulate Wii and GameCube games with the help of memory SD card and DVDs. If you want to use this emulator on your system you need to copy ROMs of your system into “Wii64>ROM’s”, once you will copy this code then only you will be able to load Wii and GameCube Use the link mentioned below to download this emulator on your system:
- GCSX game cube emulator: Last but not the least is the GCSX game cube emulator that can help to emulate the Wii and GameCube games on your system. It is relatively new in the family and is still not developed fully, because of being not complete it hardly has any support for XA audio, CDDA audio, a GUI but still it will be able to run many PSX games on your system. Though there is a number of other options as well to choose amongst these emulators there is no harm in trying the same, you can use the link mentioned below to download the same:
If you are a hardcore gamer and wants to try your hands on Gamecube and Wii games but don’t want to buy the seventh generation Wii Nintendo gaming console, try any of these emulators to enter the world of Wii based games and to have a real time experience of playing these games on your own systems.
So what are you waiting for click on any of the links mentioned above and download the best Wii emulator for your system now.